We all hope that disasters never happen, but unfortunately, they do. Whether it’s a flood, fire, or other unexpected event, commercial property owners need to be prepared for anything. That’s where OTM Restoration comes in. With their expertise in disaster preparedness and restoration, they can help protect your business from the worst-case scenarios from future disasters.
Are You Prepared for Future Disasters?
It’s hard to predict when a disaster will strike, but it’s easy to prepare for one. OTM Restoration can help you create a disaster plan that fits your business’s unique needs. They’ll assess your property for potential risks and suggest ways to mitigate them, so you can be ready for anything. They’ll also help you create an emergency response plan that outlines what to do in case of a disaster, so you and your employees can act quickly and safely.
According to FEMA, One in four businesses do not reopen after disasters. Having an emergency disaster plan and a continuity of operations plan can reduce this risk and speed up recovery. Here are some tips to help businesses prepare for both big and small disasters.
FEMA’s Business Preparedness Tips:
- Establish a communication plan to keep in touch with customers, suppliers, and employees. Provide employees with clear instructions on when, how, and where to report to work after a disaster. Consider teleworking as an option.
- Review your insurance policies to ensure that you have adequate coverage for potential damages.
- Speak with an insurance agent about how to protect your business with flood insurance. Visit floodsmart.gov to learn more.
- Develop an information technology recovery plan, including an inventory of computer hardware and back-up data.
- Keep copies of essential records, such as building plans, insurance policies, bank account information, employee contacts, and other priority documents, in a waterproof container. Consider storing a set of records at an off-site location.
- Develop a plan to protect facilities, physical assets, and electronic information. Make sure to include people with disabilities and access and functional needs in your emergency planning.
- Establish professional relationships with more than one company in case your primary contractor cannot meet your needs.
- Identify and prepare for any support that your employees, clients, and communities may require during a disaster.
- Connect with local officials on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- Download the FEMA app at fema.gov/mobile-app to receive severe weather alerts and safety tips. Visit weather.gov for the latest alerts from the National Weather Service.
How OTM Restoration Can Save Your Property
If a disaster does strike, you need a team that can act fast to minimize damage and restore your property. That’s where OTM Restoration shines. With their 24/7 emergency response team, they’ll be there when you need them most. They’ll quickly assess the damage and begin the restoration process, so you can get your business back up and running as soon as possible. And with their state-of-the-art equipment and technology, they can handle any disaster, big or small.
Protect Your Business from Future Disasters with OTM Restoration
Protecting your business is more than just restoring your property after a disaster. OTM Restoration can also help you prevent future disasters by identifying potential risks and suggesting ways to mitigate them. They’ll work with you to create a disaster preparedness plan that fits your business’s unique needs. You can be confident that you’re doing everything you can to protect your property.
Don’t Let Disasters Ruin Your Commercial Property
Disasters are never fun, but with the help of OTM Restoration, you can minimize the damage and get back to business as usual. Their expertise in disaster preparedness and restoration is unmatched, and their commitment to their clients is second to none. So don’t wait until it’s too late. Contact OTM Restoration today and find out how they can help protect your commercial property from future disasters.
Consult the Flood Experts at On The Map Restoration
Disasters can happen at any time, but there are steps that commercial property owners can take to minimize risk and prevent future damage. Working with a professional restoration company like OTM Restoration can help you identify potential hazards, take preventative measures, and develop emergency plans. With the help of OTM Restoration, property owners can protect their commercial properties and avoid the devastating and costly effects of property damage.
We are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to respond quickly and effectively to your residential or commercial flood damage.
For a free consultation and quote, contact us at 800-416-5986 today!