Pinecrest Florida is located in the heart of Miami Dade County just a few blocks from the beach. Although the weather in Pinecrest, Florida is beautiful, the hot humid sub-tropical environment creates a perfect breeding ground for dangerous mold growth in homes and businesses even without water damage.
Mold is a common problem in homes and businesses in Pinecrest, Florida, especially ones with poor ventilation and outdated infrastructures.
Removing any mold growth is important for your health and building structure but simply removing the mold you see is not enough. Mold can be present in the air or in hidden areas like under wood flooring, inside walls, in carpet and behind cabinets.
Not only can mold be hazardous to your health, but it can cause severe damage to your building structure, so Mold Removal in Pinecrest, Florida must be done immediately to ensure the safety of your home and business.
Exposure to dangerous mold types can cause a variety of health and other issues including but not limited to:
- Allergic reactions
- Breathing issues
- Unpleasant, musty odors
- Discoloration of walls and other affected areas
- Structural Damage
- Health hazards to people and even your pets
If you suspect or have discovered mold growth in your home or business, let the licensed IICRC Certified experts at OTM Restoration remove and remediate your mold problems and give yourself the peace of mind you deserve.
What Causes Mold Growth in Pinecrest Florida?
Due to its high level of humidity, Pinecrest Florida residences and businesses experience a lot more mold growth than other areas in the US. Mold is a natural fungus that needs moisture to survive. It can grow on almost any surface including wood, paper, carpet or food. Mold reproduces by releasing spores throughout the air which, when left alone, can have hazardous health effects and cause damage to building structures.
Molds needs three things to grow:
The sources of moisture that promote mold growth can be caused by anything from poor ventilation, faulty plumbing, leaks in your roof, leaks in your basement, leaks in your crawlspaces, or from damage sustained from the Hurricanes that affect South Florida on a yearly basis.
The best way to prevent mold growth is by controlling moisture. Building materials can be damaged by direct contact with water or from elevated humidity (secondary damage).
The Most Common Types of Mold Found In Pinecrest, Florida
There are 3 general categories of mold: allergenic, pathogenic and toxic. Allergenic molds are not likely to cause illness but can cause allergic reactions in those that are allergic to mold and trigger asthmatic reactions. Pathogenic molds can cause infections in those allergic to mold and those that are not allergic. This kind of mold is more dangerous to children and elderly. Toxic molds are the most threatening because they produce mycotoxins, which are poisonous to humans.
An allergenic mold that has pathogenic and toxic species of severity. Toxic aspergillus produces aflatoxins, a carcinogen. The most common allergy symptom is lung inflammation, respiratory infection and asthma attacks.
Cladosporium can grow in warm and cool environments making carpet, upholstery, wood flooring and cabinetry ideal places for it to grow. It is typically olive green or brown in color and has a suede-like texture and can cause breathing and respiratory difficulties as well as skin infections.
Stachybotrys Chartarum (Black Mold)
The most notoriously common type of mold is stachybotrys chartarum, or black mold. This toxic mold grows best in wet, humid conditions and it can grow on wood, paper, and even cardboard. Its texture is slimy and is dark green or black in color. Exposure to this mold can cause chest tightness, fever, nose bleeds and pulmonary bleeding in children and infants.
This allergenic mold flourishes in damp areas, like bathrooms. Alternaria is velvet textured with dark green or brown hairs and can cause allergic reactions such as asthma-like symptoms in the upper respiratory tract, nose, and mouth.
What to do if you suspect mold in your Pinecrest, Florida home or business?
Since mold is a common problem in Florida, having a professional Mold Removal Company in Pinecrest FL on call can be one of the most important things you can do. Mold Removal in Pinecrest, Florida should always be handled by a licensed Mold Removal Company like the professionals at OTM Restoration, but what should you do if you suspect mold? Let’s take a look…
- Find and Repair the Root Source of the Mold Growth: The key to removing and remediating mold, regardless of color, is to identify and repair the root cause of the problem to prevent it from coming back. OTM Restoration can help you locate the cause – whether it’s a failing HVAC system, leaking pipes, crawlspaces, basements, or roofs. A professional Mold Test and Mold Inspection done by a licensed contractor is always the best course of action if you suspect mold to address the issue.
- Determine the Type of Mold: Once the cause of the mold is found and repaired, the type of mold should be identified by a professional Mold Testing and Mold Inspection Company like OTM Restoration. OTM Restoration provides expert mold testing services to determine the type of mold that is present in order to develop the steps to remediate the mold problem. There are 3 general categories of mold: allergenic, pathogenic and toxic. Allergenic molds can cause allergic reactions and trigger asthmatic reactions. Pathogenic molds can cause infections in those allergic to mold and those that are not allergic. This kind of mold is typically more dangerous to children and elderly. Toxic molds are the most threatening because they produce mycotoxins, which are poisonous to humans. Regardless of the type of mold you have, it’s imperative to address it right away to prevent health issues or building damage.
- Remove and Remediate the Mold: Once the professional Mold Testing has been done and the type of mold is identified, it’s time to remove and remediate the mold to prevent future growth and damage. If the mold cannot be cleaned up from the affected surfaces, then you must remove the damaged areas completely and remediate the mold. Sometimes this can mean a complete tear down of wood framing, flooring, sub flooring, siding, roofs, carpet etc and sometimes it’s as easy as removing and replacing some drywall or cabinets. In either situation, Mold removal in Pinecrest, Florida should always be handled by licensed professionals with the right equipment and training.
The presence of Mold should never be taken lightly. Mold can affect your health and even the health of your pets and has been linked to many diseases and it should be removed immediately.
OTM Restoration removes mold by utilizing eco friendly cleaning technologies and services that are 100% natural, powerfully effective, and safe.
Call OTM Restoration’s Pinecrest Florida mold removal team for expert mold testing, mold removal and mold remediation for your home or business.
- Immediate Action – We provide 24-hour property damage remediation services including mold removal, water damage restoration, storm damage restoration, storm seal, and fire damage restoration.
- Moisture Detection– The experts at OTM Restoration are able to discover unseen moisture in your home or business so we can stop the root cause and help prevent future mold issues.
- Insurance Accepted – OTM Restoration can handle the insurance paperwork and can deal directly with most insurance companies.Full Service – Every part of your mold removal needs are handled from mold testing, mold inspection, removing smells, and mold remediation.
OTM Restoration understands the importance of protecting your home or business and the health of those that inhabit it. Our mold remediation and removal services are available 24/7 to resolve residential and commercial mold infestation and mildew occurrences in your Pinecrest, Florida homes and businesses. We are IICRC Certified and have the experience, tools, and equipment to help restore your property to pre-damage conditions after experiencing mold.
OTM Restoration In Miami Florida
On The Map Restoration of South Florida is committed to helping our customers with a safe and complete property restoration experience. Disasters can strike residential or commercial properties at any time, causing chaos at home and work. We understand the stress that follows and are devoted to helping our clients through any disaster. We’ll readily restore your property back to pre-loss conditions, transforming it before your very eyes. Most importantly, we take into consideration what our customers are going through during the recovery process. We’ll be there for you, every step of the way.
True to our name, OTM (On the Map) is exceptionally well-renowned in the South Florida community. Our customers turn to us to convert their home or business back to normal after they have suffered significant damage. We take the time to understand your needs and promptly work with you to resolve your situation in a timely manner. No matter if it’s day or night; our round the clock team members are here to help. Specializing in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial properties after fire, smoke, or water damage, OTM also mitigates mold and mildew from your home or business.
For more info or to schedule a consultation contact us today at 800-416-5986